WHAT: Dedication ceremony of the Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and EntrepreneurshipWHO:
• Douglas C. Greene, entrepreneur, benefactor and friend
• Kenneth W. Dobbins, president of Southeast Missouri State University
• Donald B. “Brad” Bedell, president of the Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents
• James Stapleton, executive director of the Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Nicole Schmitt, past recipient of the Douglas C. Greene Scholarship Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurialism
WHEN: 11 a.m. May 13WHERE: Kem Hall, Wehking Alumni Center, 926 Broadway, Cape GirardeauDETAILS:
The Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) at Southeast Missouri State University is one of the most comprehensive entrepreneurship-focused university centers in the Midwest, offering a wide array of academic and outreach programs and services, including: innovation development and research; entrepreneurship education, training and mentorship; and business incubation and development services. The Greene CIE supports Southeast Missouri State University’s strategic priority to advance the region’s economic appeal and strength by accelerating local and regional economic growth and development that improves the quality of lives, communities and businesses in southeast Missouri and the surrounding region.
Greene has been a long-time benefactor, supporter and advisor to the University’s entrepreneurship program.
Tours will be available at the Center after the ceremony