CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo., May 9, 2013 – The following have been named outstanding students in the Department of Agriculture at Southeast Missouri State University for the 2012-2013 academic year.
Andrea Hosto of Alhambra, Ill., was named the department’s overall outstanding student. Outstanding freshmen are Josh Harlan of Mexico, Mo., and Ethan Hochstein of Chatham, Ill.
The department also named outstanding students in the following categories:
• Animal Science: Lora Tindall of Red Bud, Ill., and Brooke Sutton Pickneyville, Ill.
• Horticulture: Mike Layton of Marble Hill, Mo., and Becka Kasten of Union Town, Mo.
• Industry: Nathan Pfaff of Villa Ridge, Ill., and Kelci Hofstetter of Dupo, Ill.
• Plant Science: Jake Young of Portageville, Mo.
• Agriculture Education: Lydia Holland of Sullivan, Mo.
• Pre Veterinary: Zach Drillingas of Cedar Hill, Mo., and Kelsea Job of Warrenton and Cape Girardeau, Mo.
• Sikeston Campus: Taylor Parker of Dexter, Mo.
• Kennett Campus: Amanda Blansett and Jan McElwrath, both of Kennett, Mo.
• Malden Campus: Chelsie Frost of Poplar Bluff, Mo.