The Department of Chemistry has organized a series of events Oct. 22-27 to celebrate National Chemistry Week. The theme for this year’s celebration is “Chemistry Rocks.” Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to participate in the events.
Sunday, Oct. 22
- Tie Dye Party – Bring your own 100 percent cotton dyeable object (T-shirt, lab coat, etc.), 6 p.m. in Magill Hall Room 212.
Monday, Oct. 23
- Cinematic Educational Experience and Costume Contest, 6 p.m. in Magill Hall Room 218.
Tuesday, Oct. 24
- Chemistry Rocks Webinar, 6-7 p.m. in Rhodes Hall Room 121.
Wednesday, Oct. 25
- Chemistry Awards and Social – announcing Mole-E awards and more, noon-1 p.m. in Rhodes Hall Room 121.
- Trivia Night: Chemistry Rocks! – Teams of four, 6:45 p.m. in Rhodes Hall Room 121.
Friday, Oct 27
- Chemistry Demos, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the DNA Fountain (between Rhodes Hall and Mark F. Scully Building). In case of inclement weather, event will take place in the Magill Hall atrium.