Nominations and applications for the 2018 Provost’s Awards for Teaching Excellence are due March 2. Information and submission materials are available on the Provost’s website at http://www.semo.edu/provost/teacher-award.html.
What are the Provost’s Awards for Teaching Excellence?
The Provost’s Awards for Teaching Excellence recognize faculty who have demonstrated a commitment to exceptional teaching and student success. Ten awards are available each year, across a range of categories. In 2018, the following awards are available:
- Excellence in online teaching and learning
- Excellence in the use of open educational resources (OER)
- Excellence in the assessment of student learning
- Excellence in supporting undergraduate research
- Excellence in the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)
- Excellence in teaching UI100
- Excellence in teaching University Studies
- Excellence in supporting Learning Communities
- Excellence in supporting freshmen retention
- Excellence in experiential or engaged learning
Who can receive an award?
Any faculty member (full-time or adjunct) is eligible to be nominated (i.e. by another colleague) OR to apply directly for these awards.
What is the award criteria?
The applications/nominations will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- The applicant’s/nominee’s fit for the chosen award/s based on the letter of support
- The applicant’s/nominee’s fit for the chosen award/s based on their supervisor’s endorsement
What is the process for applying or nominating a colleague?
The call for applications and nominations is now open. Please use the Teaching Awards Cover Sheet to apply for an award, or to nominate a colleague. Applications must be accompanied by a letter of support by the nominator or applicant. In addition to the letter of support, the evaluation team will contact the nominee’s/applicant’s supervisor for a verbal or written endorsement.
What is the deadline?
Please send applications as an email attachment to ProvostAwards@semo.edu by March 2.
How will the award recipients be honored?
The recipients of each award will be announced during the Spring 2018 semester. The award recipients will receive:
- A framed award certificate
- Photo with the Provost
- Showcase on the Provost’s website
- News release
Do these awards replace the Provost’s PRIDE Award?
No. The Provost’s Awards for Teaching Excellence are awarded in addition to the annual Provost’s PRIDE award.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
For an informal conversation about the Provost’s Awards for Teaching Excellence, please contact Dr. Bethany Alden-Rivers, associate provost, at email@example.com.