Facilities Management and Ameren will conduct the annual campus power outage on Sunday, Sept. 3. This electrical outage is conducted yearly to correspond with the Labor Day weekend.
The power will be shut down at 7 a.m. to conduct routine maintenance. It is anticipated the power to be restored at 3 p.m. Only the following buildings will be affected:
- Show Me Center
- Show Me Center Chiller Plant
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Aquatic Center
- Transit Nexus
- Donald G. and Gloria King LaFerla Hall
- Otto and Della Seabaugh Polytechnic Building
- Rosengarten Athletic Complex
- Robert A. Dempster Hall
- Mark F. Scully Building
- Kaldi’s Coffee Shop
- Towers Complex (partially powered by emergency generator)
- Rowdy’s – will not have power
- Towers Cafe – will not have power
- Group Housing (all buildings)
- Rhodes Hall (generator will remain on for freezers)
- Johnson Hall (generator will remain on for Telecommunications)
- Magill Hall
- Biology greenhouses
- North Chiller Plant
The River Campus will not be affected by this outage, and the utilities serving those buildings will remain in normal working condition.
With this outage, other utilities may be affected in certain buildings, including fire alarms, plumbing and hot water.
It is recommended that all departments backup their computer information, data projects and research prior to this power outage.
Facilities Management apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Utilities Maintenance Supervisor at (573) 651-2214.