The Athletic Director Search Committee at Southeast Missouri State University has scheduled public open forums May 24-26 for three finalists for the position of athletic director at Southeast Missouri State University.
The finalists are:
- Kurt Esser, senior associate athletic director at the University of New Mexico-Albuquerque
- Open Forum: 2 p.m., May 24, University Center Program Lounge
- Esser resume:
- Brady Barke, interim director of athletics at Southeast Missouri State University
- Open Forum: 2 p.m., May 25, University Center Program Lounge
- Barke resume:
- Dan Coonan, executive director of development with the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, California. Coonan previously served as director of athletics and recreation at Santa Clara University in California
- Open Forum: 2 p.m., May 26, University Center Program Lounge
- Coonan resume:
“We welcome the public’s input,” said Bill Holland, chair of the Athletic Director Search Committee and vice president for University Advancement and executive director of the Southeast Missouri University Foundation.
He said 52 candidates applied for the position. That group was narrowed to seven semifinalists who participated in interviews May 12 via Skype.
“On behalf of the search committee, I would like to thank all of the applicants,” Holland said. “We had an outstanding pool to choose from. It has not been an easy process. The candidate pool was very competitive which demonstrates that Southeast Missouri State University and its athletics program are held in very high regard nationally.”
While the finalists are on campus, they will meet with the search committee, Athletics staff, head coaches, the Southeast executive staff, Student Athlete Advisory Committee and Southeast President Carlos Vargas. Their visit also will include a campus tour.
Holland says the University hopes to have a new athletic director in place by July 1.