by News Bureau on Monday, Oct. 31, 2011
News conference to announce the opening of Business Service Centers at Southeast Missouri State University’s regional campuses at Sikeston, Malden and Kennett, Mo.
- Dr. Kenneth W. Dobbins, president of Southeast Missouri State University
- Dr. James Stapleton, executive director of the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and assistant professor of management at Southeast
- Area legislators
- Noon, Nov. 1: Southeast Missouri State University-Kennett
- 3 p.m., Nov. 1: Southeast Missouri State University-Sikeston
- 5 p.m., Nov. 1: Southeast Missouri State University-Malden
The Business Service Centers will serve aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners in the Bootheel. Staff at each of the centers will provide one-on-one counseling and technical assistance for current small business owners, including those impacted by recent flooding. Small business owners interested in sustaining or growing their businesses will have access to a host of services, including financial analysis and access to capital. The Business Service Centers will also provide opportunities for clients to meet with loan officers as part of ACCION Delta, a new partnership with Southeast’s Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) to provide microlending services in the 252 counties and parishes of the Delta Regional Authority that encompasses eight states.