by News Bureau on Thursday, Jul. 11, 2013
Presentations on agriculture in southeast Missouri as part of Leadership Missouri tour
9 a.m.: Dr. Michael Aide, chair of the Southeast Department of Agriculture, will discuss the bio economy of southeast Missouri
10:15 a.m.: Panel discussion with agriculture leaders in southeast Missouri discussing farm profitability, changes in farming, obstacles farmers face, changes in technology, running a farm as a business and the farm bill. Panel members will include:
• Dan Jennings, owner, Jennings Brothers, Inc.
• Ron Milbach, chief executive officer and president of Progressive Farm Credit
• Justin Landers, board member of Missouri Rice Council
• Russ Mothershead, president and chief executive officer of Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge
• Dr. Nick Thiele, director of Southeast Missouri State University-Malden
9 a.m., Friday, July 12
Southeast Missouri State University-Sikeston campus, 2401 N. Main, Sikeston, Mo.
Leadership Missouri, a program of the Missouri Chamber of Commerce, identifies current and emerging leaders throughout the state, enhances their leadership skills, and deepens their knowledge of the state’s opportunities and challenges. In April of each year, the selected participants begin a series of seven monthly, two-day sessions throughout the state. The two-day program begins today, Thursday, July 11, with tours of various agriculture facilities in southeast Missouri.