Pictures from this year’s Student Life and Leadership Awards are available here.
Provost Awards: Provost Awards are given to one undergraduate student from each college as well as one graduate student from the University who have a minimum of 3.0 GPA and have demonstrated academic excellence. This year’s Provost Award recipients are:
- Yul Carrion, Palm Coast, Fla., senior musical theatre major and a minor in dance (Holland College of Arts and Media)
- Clay Wittig, Monticello, Ill., first-year graduate student pursuing a Master of Business Administration in health administration (Harrison College of Business and Computing)
- Jennie Ellsworth, Glen Carbon, Ill., senior exceptional child education major (College of Education, Health and Human Studies)
- Kaitlyn Barnett, Troy, Ill., senior historic preservation and biology, wildlife conservation double major (College of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Landon Schnurbusch, Cape Girardeau, Mo., senior mathematics, actuarial science major (College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Augusta Welsh, Gatesville, Texas, second-year graduate student pursuing Master of Arts in public history (Graduate Category)
Experiential Learning Award: The Experiential Learning Award is given to an undergraduate student or group of students from each college as well as one graduate student or group of students from the University who successfully participate in a learning experience that best exemplifies the experiential learning goals at Southeast.
- Catapult Press Students, led by Hannah Sanders, associate professor of printmaking (Holland College of Arts and Media)
- Tunuke Abudukamali, Beijing, China, first-year graduate student pursuing a Master of Business Administration in international business
- Logan Blankenship, Scott City, Mo., senior art, printmaking major
- Bailey Lawless, Silex, Mo., freshman art major
- Ryan Nevill, Cape Girardeau, Mo., senior art, sculpture major
- Christian Ondr, Eureka, Mo., senior art major and minors in marketing management and graphic communication technology
- Kolebe Shanks, Sikeston, Mo., senior digital arts major and a minor in graphic communication technology
- Wendell Stapleton, Memphis, Tenn., first-year graduate student pursuing a Master of Arts in higher education administration
- Zachary Hall, O’Fallon, Mo., senior computer science major (Harrison College of Business and Computing)
- Leah Harris, Jackson, Mo., senior recreation, park administration major (College of Education, Health, and Human Studies)
- Forensic Anthropology Cold Case Team, led by Dr. Jennifer Bengtson, associate professor of anthropology (College of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Miranda Ballard-Eddy, Jackson, Mo., 2017 graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in anthropology and Bachelor of Arts in English, literature
- Dakota Black, Advance, Mo., junior anthropology major and a minor in global studies
- Meghan Cook, Marble Hill, Mo., 2019 graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in anthropology and a minor in global studies
- Briony Ferguson, Pilot Grove, Mo., junior anthropology major and minors in historic preservation and chemistry
- Kayla Gutierrez, Jackson, Mo., second-year graduate student pursuing a Master of Natural Sciences in chemistry
- Taylor Huber, Cape Girardeau, Mo., senior anthropology major
- Autumn Meyer, Jefferson City, Mo., senior anthropology major
- Amanda Milbrandt, Springfield, Ill., first-year graduate student pursuing a Master of Natural Sciences in chemistry
- Ariel Morrow, Benton, Mo., senior anthropology major and a minor in chemistry
- Sarah Portell, Chesterfield, Mo., 2020 graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in anthropology and a minor in global studies
- Emily Reese, Cobden, Ill., 2020 graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in anthropology and minor in global studies
- James Trent Waltz, Cape Girardeau, Mo., senior psychology and biology, biomedical sciences double major with a minor in chemistry (College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Ashton Glascock, Hartsburg, Mo., second-year graduate student pursuing a Masters of Arts in communication disorders (Graduate Category)
First-Year Student Awards: The First-Year Student Awards recognize one or two undergraduate students with a minimum of 2.75 GPA who have completed 30 credit hours or less and demonstrate exemplary leadership by a first-year student.
- Travis Czarnecki, Imperial, Mo., sophomore business administration major
- Sheanique Syms. St. Louis, Mo., sophomore business administration major and minors in human resources management and dance
Outstanding Student Organization Award: This award is given to one or more registered student organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the betterment of the University community.
- National Panhellenic Council
- Outdoor Adventure Club
- The Arrow, the student newspaper at Southeast
Outstanding Student Organization Advisor: This award recognizes one or two volunteer advisors (whose advising role is not part of their official role at the University) who advise a student organization and show a strong commitment not only to the student organization but to the development of student leaders.
- Dr. Thomas Holman, professor of recreation and park administration, for the Outdoor Adventure Club
Student Life Achievement Award: This award is given to one or two students, a faculty member and/or a staff member who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in building community at the University.
- Dustin Meredith, Creve Coeur, Mo., senior business administration major
- Anthony Pulliam, Cape Girardeau, Mo., senior health communication major and a minor in management
Civic and Global Engagement Award: This award recognizes one or more students, faculty, or staff who see the moral, civic, and global dimension of public and social issues, claim an appropriate measure of personal responsibility for addressing these issues, and have worked to make a difference in the civic life of our community through both political and non-political processes.
- Shadan Roumany, Cape Girardeau, Mo., senior biology, biomedical sciences major and minors in chemistry and physics
- Emily Denlinger, associate professor of digital art
- Dr. Steven J. Hoffman, professor of history and coordinator of the Historic Preservation program
- Holland College of Arts and Media’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee:
- Dr. Joseph L. Jefferson, committee chair and assistant professor of trombone/euphonium and director of jazz studies
- Dr. Tamara Zellars Buck, professor and chair of the Department of Mass Media
- Josh Harvey, instructor of musical theatre
- Dr. Sophia Han, assistant professor of upper strings and concertmaster of the Southeast Symphony Orchestra
- Benjie Heu, professor of ceramics
- Roxanne Wellington, associate professor of theatre
- Anthony Shepard, St. Louis, Mo., senior musical theatre major
University Contributor Award: This award is given to one or two students, a faculty member, and/or a staff member who have contributed significantly to the University, although recipient may not hold a formal leadership position.
- Shanté Hanna, St. Peters, Mo., junior international business major and a minor in integrated marketing communications
- Beth Glaus, director of Public Safety