CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo., Oct. 20 2014 – The Department of Polytechnic Studies at Southeast Missouri State University will host an Advanced Technology Showcase from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and noon to 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 7, in the Otto and Della Seabaugh Polytechnic Building.
The showcase will give interested high school juniors and seniors in chemistry, physics, upper-level math, computers, industrial technology, and career and technology center subjects the opportunity to explore many different disciplines in technology at Southeast.
The showcase will allow interested students to meet Department of Polytechnic Studies faculty, staff and students who will highlight the state-of-the-art facilities and technology with personal demonstrations throughout the building while also learning about the academic programs available.
A new Showcase format is available this year with identical morning and afternoon sessions available. Schools will need to choose one session to attend (either morning or afternoon) and plan on staying for the entire session.
The sessions offered at the showcase will be:
- Construction Management, Facilities Management, & Sustainability
- Engineering Technology, Mechanical/Manufacturing, Electrical, Industrial & Safety Management
- Photography & Graphics
- Cybersecurity & Telecommunications
Prospective students also can learn about the programs and majors the Department of Polytechnic Studies has to offer. Programs include:
- Commercial Photography
- Engineering Technology (ABET/ETAC accredited)
- Electrical and Control
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Systems
- Technology Management (ATMAE accredited)
- Computer and Multimedia Graphics
- Construction Management and Design
- Facilities Management and Sustainability
- Industrial and Safety Management
- Sustainable Energy Systems Management
- Telecommunications and Computer Networking
- Technology Management (For AAS transfers)
- Engineering Technology Education
- AAS in Computer Technology (A+ scholarship available)
- Automated Manufacturing
- Microcomputer Systems
- Technical Computer Graphics
- Pre-professional programs
Morning and afternoon sessions will be limited to 100 attendees each. Lunch will not be provided. Instructors and faculty planning to bring their students should RSVP by Nov. 3 at (573) 651-2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit semo.edu/polytech.