Southeast Missouri State University is currently participating in a joint venture with Missouri State University and the University of Central Missouri regarding Middle Eastern Studies called Mideast meets Midwest, which aims to enhance Middle Eastern Studies. It is supported through an Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Languages (UISFL) grant from the U.S. Department of Education. As part of this venture, students can apply for a grant to undertake a collaborative research project with a faculty member. This grant aims to support innovative research related to Middle Eastern Studies and to give undergraduate students professional research experience that will strengthen their applications for graduate school and employment opportunities. (Grant Amount: Up to $2,500.) Application deadline is March 31, and proposals from all academic disciplines are welcome.
Application Requirements: Each faculty-student team should submit a proposal (maximum three single-spaced pages in length) that includes the following information:
• Name, contact information, and departmental affiliation for all team members
• Project description
• Description of the student’s role in the research project
• Detailed budget
• Expected result of the research (i.e. conference presentation, article manuscript, etc.)
• CV for faculty team members (not included in the three-page limit)
• Transcript for all student team members (not included in the three-page limit)
All inquiries and documents should be sent electronically to: Dr. Debra Holzhauer, Department of Political Science, Philosophy and Religion, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 651-5137. All applications will be notified of their status by April 15.