More than 35 Southeast students and staff participated in the one-day wrestling event in seven weight classes.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.,
April 30, 2007 — The sport of wrestling disappeared many years ago from Southeast Missouri State University, but after an almost 10-year absence from the intramural sports schedule, intramural wrestling made its return to the Student Recreation Center– North April 25.
More than 35 Southeast students and staff participated in the one-day event in seven weight classes. The event, sponsored by the Department of Recreation Services, was well-attended by about 300 students and friends during the event. “It was nice to see this event come back to Southeast. Seeing many students out there give it their all is what intramural sports are all about,” said Troy Vaughn, director of Recreation Services.
Southeast students who won their respective weight classes were:
- 130-139: Russell Brown of Jackson, Mo.
- 150-159: Billy Garrett of Florissant, Mo.
- 158-162: Billy Aubuchon of St. Louis
- 168-173: Matt Otzenberger of Fenton, Mo.
- 180-187: Blake Ulrich of Cape Girardeau
- 200-218: Josh Bauer of Cape Girardeau
- 230-300: T.J. Smith of Puyallup, Wash.
For more information on the Department of Recreation Services, please visit www4.semo.edu/recreation or contact Troy Vaughn at (573) 651-2878 or email@example.com.