Facilities Management will conduct the annual full campus power and steam outage on Saturday, Sept. 1. This outage is conducted yearly to correspond with the Labor Day weekend.
The power will be shut down at 7 a.m. to conduct routine maintenance and test emergency generator operations. It is anticipated that power will be restored at 3:30 p.m.
The steam boilers will be shut down at midnight on Friday, Aug. 31, and brought back online after the power outage. It is anticipated that steam and building hot water will be offline for a 24-hour period on Saturday, Sept. 1.
With this outage, other utilities may be affected in certain buildings, including fire alarms, plumbing and hot water. All elevators for the buildings affected by this outage will be out of service from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
It is recommended that all departments backup their computer information, data, projects and research prior to this power outage.
The following buildings will not be affected by this outage, and the utilities serving those buildings will remain in normal working condition:
- Department of Public Safety
- Greek Village
- River Campus, including the Cultural Arts Center, Seminary Building, and Kenneth and Jeanine Dobbins River Campus Center
- Holcomb Success Center
- Economic and Business Engagement Center
- Aleen Vogel Wehking Alumni Center
- Facilities Management Service Center
- Abe Stuber Track and Field Complex
- Redhawks Tennis Complex
- Recreation Services’ Spring and Bertling Intramural Fields
- Athletics Administration Office, located at 1209 Broadway
Facilities Management apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. Those with questions or concerns are asked to contact the Utilities Maintenance Supervisor at (573) 651-2214.