A new year also means a new medical benefit plan year for Southeast employees and dependents. This year, the University transitioned to a self-insured health plan administered by UMR, a UnitedHealthcare company. The University’s dental, vision and life insurance carriers remained the same. Human Resources reminds employees that information and resources are available on the Human Resources webpage at https://semo.edu/hr/benefits/index.html, including:
- Educational Assistance Benefits
- Employee Discounts
- UMR Wellness Tools, Resources and Initiatives
The tabs listed under UMR Wellness, Resources and Initiatives link members to flyers and reference guides on the programs and services provided with the University medical plan.
- Nurseline service connects members with a team of registered nurses that are available any time of day, seven days a week, to answer questions and provide advice on medical needs.
- Motion Walking Program is a wellness program that the University transitioned from UnitedHealthcare. It rewards eligible members in the Base Plan for meeting FIT walking goals.
- UMR Portal Member Services is the employee portal, similar to “myuhc,” that allows members to search for providers, access claims information, check HSA account balances, print ID cards, estimate costs, link to Optum Rx, and access other health center resources.
- Teladoc gives members access to board-certified physicians through the convenience of a phone, video or mobile application. Members are encouraged to pre-register with Teladoc. This will expedite the process when an appointment is needed, and the member is ill.
- Real Appeal Weight Loss is another program that the University carried over from UnitedHealthcare. This program is a health/weight management program that provides coaching, support and tools.
- Securing Your Health Information is a guide that provides members with information and a reference guide on how to grant access to family medical information. Medical information is protected information, and dependents over the age of 18 years old must grant access for the primary member to view their information.
Each benefit carrier provides customer service. Contact information for each carrier and Sonus Benefits (the University’s benefit consultant) is as follows:
- UMR: (800) 207-3172 or umr.com
- Delta Dental: (800) 335-8266 or deltadentalmo.com
- UnitedHealthcare Vision (800 638-3120) or myuhcvision.com
- Sonus Benefits (The University’s benefit consultant, available to assist members with claim and provider questions): (573) 803-3303
Please take the time to review these resources. For more information, contact customer service directly, Sonus Benefits, or Human Resources at (573) 651-2206.