The 2017 Mid-Year Benefits Open Enrollment period will begin on Monday, May 1, 2017, and end on Friday, May 12, 2017. Informational meetings will begin on May 1, 2017, and end May 3, 2017. Employees can register to attend a meeting through the Training and Development website at https://semo.skillport.com/skillportfe/login.action. Click on “Instructor Led Training Sessions” located under “Upcoming Events” for times and locations of informational meetings.
During the 2017 Mid-Year Benefits Open Enrollment, elections will only be made for medical insurance plans. Any applicable medical insurance changes will be effective July 1, 2017, and will continue through Dec. 31, 2017.
The following will be discussed during the informational meetings:
- Medical premiums will slightly decrease.
- The University will offer a Base Medical Plan with HSA ($1,500 individual/$3,000 family deductible), and will continue to pay 100% of the employee only premium.
- The University will also offer a Base Medical Plan with MRA option ($2,000 individual/$4,000 family deductible), and will continue to pay 100% of the employee only premium.
- The University will provide dependent premium supplements for both of the Base Medical plans.
- The Accelerated Medical Plan will continue to be available, with the employee premium cost between $50-$113.95 per month based on salary level.
- The Accelerated Medical Plan deductible will change to $750 for an individual/$1,500 for family.
- University-provided cafeteria plan funding levels will continue.
Employee Self Service should be used to process mid-year medical insurance elections. Open labs will also be available during this time to assist employees with processing their open enrollment. Open Labs do not require registration, and walk-ins are welcome. Additional information regarding the 2017 Mid-Year Benefits Open Enrollment can be found on the Human Resources website at: http://www.semo.edu/hr/index.htm.
Questions concerning these meetings should be directed to Human Resources at ext. 2206.