2019 Annual Benefits Open Enrollment will begin on Monday, Oct. 29, and end on Friday, Nov. 9. Informational meetings will begin on Oct. 15 and end Oct. 25. Employees must register to attend a meeting through the Training and Development website here. Employees may sign up for a session by clicking the “enroll” option. Meeting location can be accessed by selecting the “details” link.”
All employees are strongly encouraged to attend an informational meeting.
The following will be discussed during the informational meetings:
- UnitedHealthcare will continue as the University’s medical insurance provider.
- UnitedHealthcare will also be the new Vision Plan carrier, with slight plan design changes.
- The University will continue with two medical plan options, a Base Medical Plan and an Accelerated Medical Plan, with no changes to plan design, deductibles or out of pocket maximums.
- The Accelerated Medical Plan will continue to offer an option of a medical reimbursement account (MRA) available through Frates Benefit Administrators.
- UnitedHealthcare will continue with the MOTION wellness initiative. Employees enrolled in the Base Medical Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA) may earn up to $3 per day by meeting activity goals. The money will be placed in the employee’s HSA.
- If a spouse is added during open enrollment to the insurance plans, then a copy of the marriage certificate must be submitted to Human Resources.
Questions concerning these meetings should be directed to Human Resources at (573) 651-2206.