All Flexible Spending Account (FSA) participants will receive an email message this week regarding the University’s transition from Healthsmart to the new carrier Frates Benefit Administrators. The FSA plan year is ending soon. Human Resources encourages all current participants to check their Medical Reimbursement Account (MRA) and/or Dependent Care Account balance with Healthsmart and submit eligible claims as soon as possible. Debit cards with Healthsmart will be deactivated on Dec. 22.
As announced during open enrollment, Human Resources will be switching vendors in 2018. Frates Benefit Administrators will take over FSA claims starting Jan. 1, 2018. They will handle all new claims for 2018, as well as any outstanding claims from 2017. As with previous years, participants will be able to submit 2017 incurred expenses for several weeks into 2018. If you have outstanding claims from 2017, after your Healthsmart card is deactivated, please submit a paper claim form by March 31, 2018, the end of the run out period.
When you submit a health care claim, your documentation needs to include:
- Date of service
- Patient Name & relationship
- Provider Name & Address
- Description of service or product
- Amount you were required to pay
For dependent care claims, your documentation needs to include:
- Date of Service
- Dependent name and age
- Provider name & address
- Provider Tax ID/SSN
- Amount of claim
To submit a paper claim for 2017 expenses:
- Account information and balances will be transferred from Healthsmart.
- 2017 claims can be submitted to Frates, via paper, starting Jan. 9, 2018
- Go to fba-tpa.com/semofsa.html and complete a paper claim form.
- Print the form, and complete all fields. Then, sign and date.
- Email, fax, or mail your completed claim form directly to Frates Benefit Administrator
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – (405) 775-5992
- Mail – 13439 Broadway Extension, Suite 110 Oklahoma City, OK 73114
- If you have questions, please contact Frates Benefit Administrator Customer Service at (800) 850-7166.
If you elected an MRA or Dependent Care Account for 2018, you will be receiving your new cards by Dec. 31, 2017. The card may only be used for eligible expenses incurred in 2018. Again, 2017 expenses must be submitted via paper claim form.
If you have any additional questions, contact Frates Customer Service or Human Resources at (573) 651-2206.