A ribbon cutting and open house are planned for 3:30-5 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, to celebrate the opening of Southeast’s new International Village at 1025 N. Sprigg Street.
The campus community is invited.
The new International Village opened its doors in January, providing a venue dedicated to serving international students and enhancing the University’s diverse and globally-oriented campus. The University’s Office of International Education and Services and the Intensive English Program are located in the newly refurbished facilities, in addition to a gym, kitchen, computer lab, classrooms and lounges.
Speaking at the event will be:
- Dr. Carlos Vargas, president of Southeast Missouri State University
- Dr. Debbie Below, vice president for enrollment management and student success
- Dr. Kevin Timlin, executive director of International Education and Services
- Breanna Walling, associate director of International Education and Services and director of the Intensive English Program
- Ruchika Sharma, Southeast student
- Luke LeGrand, Southeast student Regent