Southeast Leadership Programs is currently accepting nominations of students whom faculty and/or staff have witnessed in leadership roles and who demonstrate important leadership qualities to form part of the highly selective President’s Leadership Academy (PLA).
As the top tier of the Southeast Leadership Programs, PLA is a University-funded weekly class during fall semester for Southeast’s most outstanding 15 – 20 student leaders. Students selected to participate in PLA will learn about leadership from a variety of University leaders and be able to refine their leadership skills through working together to propose, develop and implement a Southeast Success Project, the leadership capstone project whose purpose is to improve the Southeast community.
A nominee must at the time of their nomination:
- Be in at least his/her second year of college;
- Be an active member in at least one student organization or community group;
- Be in good judicial standing; and
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
The nomination process is simple. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name and contact information;
- The nominee’s name and contact information; and
- A couple of details explaining why you are nominating the student. A letter of nomination or support is not required.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 12.
Once a nomination is received, the student’s criteria will be verified. Eligible students will be notified of their nomination and asked to formally apply.
For more information about the President’s Leadership Academy, visit https://www.semo.edu/campuslife/leadership/president-academy.html
For more information about PLA or the nomination process, contact Tiffany L. Comfort, coordinator of leadership and involvement for Campus Life and Event Services, at email@example.com or (573) 651-2280.