Nominations are open for the President’s Leadership Academy (PLA), the top tier of the Southeast Leadership Programs.
PLA is a University-sponsored weekly class during the fall semester for 20 of Southeast’s most outstanding junior and senior student leaders. Students selected to participate in PLA will learn about aspects of leadership from a variety of University and community leaders. Additionally, PLA students will be able to refine their leadership skills through working together to propose, develop, and implement a Southeast Success Project, whose purpose is to improve the student experience at Southeast.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate students who have demonstrated important leadership qualities in their on- and off-campus leadership roles. At the time of nomination, a nominee must:
- Be in at least his/her second year of college;
- Be an active member in at least one student organization or community group;
- Be in good judicial standing; and
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
To nominate a student, send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- The nominee’s name and contact information; and
- A couple of details explaining why you are nominating the student. A letter of nomination or support is not required.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 17.
Once the nomination is received, the student’s criteria will be verified. Eligible students will be notified of their nomination and asked to formally apply.
For more information about the President’s Leadership Academy, visit https://www.semo.edu/campuslife/leadership/president-academy.html, or contact Tiffany L. Comfort, coordinator of Leadership and Involvement with Campus Life and Events Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 651-2280.