Today, Dec. 13, is the last day Parking Services will accept donations of nonperishable food items and toiletries from students, faculty and staff as payments for parking tickets to help stock the Redhawk Food Pantry.
Parking Services will waive one $10 ticket for five items donated or one $20 ticket for 10 items donated. Donations may be of a specific item or a combination of items listed below. For those who do not have a $10 or $20 fine, Parking Services will credit the corresponding donation amount to one ticket of a higher fine. This offer is not available for fire lane or handicap violations and must be for a ticket received during the Fall 2019 semester.
Donations must be brought to the Parking Services office to receive credit for a parking ticket during normal business hours, Friday 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Parking Services will also accept donations to the Redhawk Food Pantry from those who do not have parking fines but wish to donate. Collected items will be delivered to the Redhawk Food Pantry the week of Dec. 16.
The Redhawk Food Pantry has provided the following list of items that are in greatest need:
- Cold Cereal
- Hot Cereal (instant oatmeal, cream of wheat, cream of rice)
- Can Meats (tuna, chicken, spam, sardines)
- Box Meals (Hormel completes, Hamburger/Tuna helper, Homestyle Bakes, Ready meals)
- Can Stew
- Can Chicken n Dumplings
- Mash Potatoes (box, bag, microwave cups)
- Rice (Minute, single serve box, Microwave cups, bag)
- Can or Jar Pasta sauce
- Peanut Butter (smooth, crunchy)
- Hot Chocolate (instant envelopes)
- Facial tissues
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Bar Soap
- Personal hygiene products (toothpaste, deodorant, toothbrushes, disposable razors)
- Laundry soap pods
For more information, contact Parking Services at (573) 651-2310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.