Representatives of President Donald J. Trump’s campaign have contracted to rent the Show Me Center for a presidential rally on Monday evening, Nov. 5.
The Presidential rally at the Show Me Center is not a Southeast Missouri State University event. This is strictly a third-party rental agreement. As such, the Trump campaign will be handling all ticketing, sales of merchandise, and media promotion.
The event begins at 9 p.m. CST Monday, Nov. 5. Doors open at 6 p.m. CST Monday, Nov. 5.
The Show Me Center is located at 1333 N. Sprigg Street.
- Tickets for the event are required and may be requested online on the donaldjtrump.com website. Tickets are distributed on a first come first serve basis. Individuals may register for up to two tickets per mobile number per event.
- Possessing a valid ticket to the event does not guarantee access to enter the building. Doors will close once capacity is reached.
- All seating is a general admission and on a first come-first serve basis; saving seats is prohibited.
- There is no dress code.
- ID is not required for entry.
- For further questions, email email@example.com
No tripods, monopods, selfie sticks or GoPros are permitted.
Limited concessions will be available for sale to all guests upon entering the Show Me Center.
- Media with questions about the rally should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media may request media credentials here. Select Cape Girardeau, Missouri, in the drop-down menu.
- University Communications at Southeast Missouri State University is not handling media requests. The White House and Secret Service coordinate media protocols for this event.
- Very limited on-site parking will be available at the Show Me Center.
- Overnight parking for events and camping is prohibited.
- Parking instructions will be provided by the Donald J. Trump campaign after registering for the event.
- Alternate off-site parking and shuttle service will be available. According to the Cape Girardeau Police Department, six locations in the city will provide off-site parking, and shuttles will take attendees to the event. Allow plenty of time for parking, shuttle service and increased traffic in the city on Nov. 5.Robinson Transport will provide school busses for shuttle services to and from the off-site locations to and from the Show Me Center. Shuttles will run continuously from 4 p.m. Nov. 5 to 12 a.m. on Nov. 6 with no set intervals between drop-off or pick-up. The shuttles will drop-off attendees in front of the marquee at the Show Me Center, 1333 N. Sprigg.Shuttles will cease transports when the Show Me Center reaches capacity.
- The six locations for overflow parking are:
- Osage Centre – 1625 N. Kingshighway Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Shuttle pick up will be in the front.
- West Park Mall — 3049 William St., Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Shuttle pick up will be in the back.
- Cape Girardeau SportsPlex — 2526 Jim Drury Way, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Shuttle pick up in the front.
- Christ Church of the Heartland — 720 Bertling St., Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Shuttle pick up in the front.
- Sears Grand — 330 Siemers Dr., Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Shuttle pick up will be in front.
- Arena Park — 410 Kiwanis Dr., Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Shuttle pick up in front of Arena Building.
Student Recreation Center
The Student Recreation Center’s hours on Monday, Nov. 5, will be 5:30 a.m.-12 p.m. The Student Recreation Center will resume its normal hours on Tuesday, Nov. 6, opening at 5:30 a.m. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Recreation Center at (573) 651-2105.
The following items are prohibited:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals (other than service/guide animals)
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Backpacks and bags exceeding size restrictions
- Crock Pots
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Hover boards
- Illegal Substances
- Items determined to be potential safety hazards
- Laser pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Outside food and beverages
- Selfie sticks
- Supports for signs and placards
- Toy guns
- Umbrellas (prohibited inside the Show Me Center)
- Weapons of any kind
Tobacco Use Policy
Southeast Missouri State University is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus. The policy prohibiting smoking and the use of tobacco products by students, faculty, staff and visitors on all Southeast Missouri State University properties is available at https://semo.edu/pdf/FinAdm_01-15_Policy.pdf?ver=1.0.
Freedom of Expression
The Show Me Center facility and its parking lots are contracted by the renting party and are restricted to demonstration. People participating in demonstrations in the restricted areas may be asked to leave. Public sidewalks are available for assembly. The sidewalks on New Madrid Street, east of Show Me Center Drive (the fire lane that runs in front of the Show Me Center) to the corner of New Madrid and Sprigg Street are available for that purpose. This area affords the greatest safety for participants. As a reminder, pedestrian traffic on sidewalks and vehicular traffic on streets cannot be blocked or impeded.
For further questions, email email@example.com.