The course is $600 for Southeast students, faculty and staff, and $695 for community members, and includes:
- An online learning portion, which must be completed before the pool work begins.
- Two days of pool work Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30, from noon-4 p.m. at the Student Aquatic Center.
- An open water dive at Mermet Springs in Belknap, Illinois (an hour east of Cape Girardeau), which participants will schedule with the Ozark Dive instructor to complete their open water certification.
- Personal scuba gear, including mask, snorkel, fins and booties for participants to keep.
- All rental scuba gear for pool sessions and open water dives.
- Admission to the Student Aquatic Center and Mermet Springs.
- The Lifetime PADI Open Water Diver certification, which never expires.
To register, call the Student Recreation Center Main Office at (573) 651-2105. Southeast students, faculty and staff can charge this course to their University account.
For more information or questions, contact Chad Sierman, assistant director of aquatics, at (573) 651-2290 or email@example.com.