Redhawks Kids camp is a summer recreational day camp for children who will be enrolling in grades K-8 in the fall.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo., March 19, 2007 — As summer approaches, it’s time to start considering what your child can do for fun this summer.
The Department of Recreation Services at Southeast Missouri State University will, once again, hold its annual Redhawks Kids Camp, with registration beginning April 2. The camp is all about safe fun that includes, games, activities, swimming every day and much more, all in a very safe and educational environment.
Registration brochures are available at the Department of Recreation Services main office located in the Student Recreation Center-North, Room 101, or at the front desk of the Student Recreation Center-South, along Broadway Street – behind the old First Baptist Church sanctuary.
Redhawks Kids camp is a summer recreational day camp for children who will be enrolling in grades K-8 in the fall. Leading the camps are trained and qualified Southeast students who serve as counselors. Many of these counselors are aspiring teachers.
Based out of the Student Recreation Center-South, the camp will begin one week earlier this year based on parent/guardian feedback from last year. The first scheduled session will begin Monday, June 4. The camps will continue on for nine consecutive weeks, ending on Friday, Aug. 3.
Highlights of Redhawks Kids Camp 2007 are:
- Mandatory background checks for all Redhawks Kids Camp employees
- A “provided lunch” option for those parents “on the go”
- Swimming now five days a week, including Fridays, at Capaha Pool
- An added week (now nine sessions) based on parent and guardian feedback and evaluations
- Redhawk Kids Camp backpacks and water bottles given to each camper on their first registered day of camp
- Safety and security features to ensure your children will be safe every day
- While the mainstay of Redhawk Kids Camp is all about fun, educational themes for each session also will provide an educational environment for all youth.
- The ability to choose when you want to come to Redhawks Kids Camp based on available openings. Participants are not locked in for all nine sessions if they don’t want to be.
- Value for your money…. If you attend a full week of Redhawks Kids Camp, you will pay on average $3 an hour for care for your children, and they will get to swim, participate in campus activities, arts and crafts, and much more.
- The ability to use Redhawks Kids Camp as a tax credit since the camps is classified as provider daycare for children.
Registration forms can be downloaded online at http://www4.semo.edu/recsports/redhawkskidscamp/index.asp. For more information about Redhawks Kids Camp, please call (573) 651-2521.