The Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents Feb. 14 granted emeritus status to six faculty members who retired from the University on Dec. 31, 2018.
The action came during a closed session meeting of the Board. Those eligible to be recommended for emeritus status under the current emeritus status policy are faculty who qualify to retire according to the statutory laws of the State of Missouri, are tenured or non-tenure track faculty members or are administrative personnel who have tenured, faculty status, and have a minimum of 15 years of service at Southeast.
Those granted this designation and their years of service are:
- Sean Eom, professor emeritus of management, 1992-2018
- Cheryl Essner, assistant professor emerita of nursing, 1982-2018
- Gail Overbey, professor emerita of psychology and counseling, 1989-2018
- Kang Park, professor emeritus of accounting, economics and finance, 1979-2018
- Michael Rodgers, professor emeritus of chemistry and physics, 1985-2018
- Jill Young, instructor emerita of management, 2002-2018