SE Alerts, Southeast’s new emergency notification system will be tested at noon Wednesday, Jan. 24. As part of the test, SE Alerts will text Southeast faculty, staff and students’ mobile phones and send an email to all University email accounts. SE Alerts messages will appear on all University-owned computers connected to the Southeast network.
With the launch of this new system, you are encouraged to:
- Verify your contact information via the Southeast Portal using these instructions: http://semo.edu/pdf/SEalertsContactInfo_Student.pdf.
- Add up to four email addresses – personal, spouse, parents or family members – you would like to receive SE Alerts.
- Add email@example.com to your safe sender or contact list.
- Add 893-61 to your mobile phone safe text sender or contact list.
- Install the mobile app using these instructions: http://www.semo.edu/it/pdf/Everbridge_iOS-Android_Tutorial.pdf.
- Follow SE Alerts social media accounts in Facebook (facebook.com/SoutheastAlerts) and Twitter (@SoutheastAlerts)
For more information on SE Alerts, visit semo.edu/SEalerts.