The Southeast community is invited to the Second Annual Study Abroad Recognition Ceremony hosted by Cenet (Magellan Exchange) and the University as part of International Education Week to celebrate study abroad participants and their achievement in international exchange. The event will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 19 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Marquette Tower Lobby, located at 338 Broadway in downtown Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
The ceremony will highlight study abroad participants’ valuable educational experiences and recognize their willingness to expand their horizons. Additionally, students will receive public recognition and a certificate documenting their achievement. Refreshments will be provided.
Students, faculty or staff who have completed a study abroad program and would like to be recognized must RSVP by Nov. 1 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/src-rsvp.
Special guest speakers during the ceremony will include:
- Southeast President Carlos Vargas
- Robyn Walker, executive director of Cenet
- Dwain Hahs, mayor of the City of Jackson
- Dr. Debra Lee-DiStefano, Southeast professor of Spanish
- Dr. Kevin Timlin, executive director of Southeast’s International Education and Services
- Dr. Willie Redmond, professor of economics and director of Southeast’s International Business Programs
- Lauryn Torluemke, junior nursing major of O’Fallon, Missouri
For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/2784831178245521/.