“Smorgasbord: An Art Collaboration,” an exhibition of artwork by Southeast Missouri State University students, will be on display Nov. 20 – Jan. 23 at Southeast’s Catapult Creative House.
“Smorgasbord” is a collaborative exhibition featuring Southeast students pursuing a variety of visual art studies to show their most recent artistic expressions in photography, sculpture, digital art, ceramics or painting. This exhibition is curated and organized by students studying practices in professionalism related to their future in art.
Southeast students exhibiting their artwork include:
- Vanessa Adelman, a senior interdisciplinary studies major from Perryville, Missouri
- Jessica Cagle, a sophomore art major with an emphasis in digital arts from Jackson, Missouri
- Michael Copeland, a junior art major with an emphasis in ceramics from Bardwell, Kentucky
- Katie Dains, a sophomore psychology major with an art history minor from Wentzville, Missouri
- Anna Estes, a junior commercial multimedia major with an emphasis in commercial photography from Jackson
- Cora Feldmann, asophomore art major with an emphasis in digital arts from Owensville, Missouri
- Luke Hoffman, a junior art major with an emphasis in digital arts from Marthasville, Missouri
- Ryan Nevill, a senior art major with a emphasis in printmaking from Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Paige Pendleton, a senior art major from St. Peters, Missouri
- Ashley Smith, a junior art major from Cape Girardeau
- Bella Szabo, a senior art major with an emphasis in ceramics from Springfield, Illinois
An opening reception is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 20 from 5-9 p.m. with an artists’ talk to be held at 6 p.m. The featured artists will discuss their work and inspirations. The artists’ talk will also be available on Zoom at https://semo.zoom.us/j/92551528545.
A second reception will be held Dec. 4 from 5-9 p.m.
Visitors are welcome to tour the entire Catapult facilities including the Southeast Missouri State University Department of Art and Design students’ studios upstairs. Visitors are also invited to browse the merchandise in the Shoppe, which features student work and local business products.
Face coverings will be required, and social distancing guidelines will be in place.
Catapult Creative House is located at 612 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. All gallery exhibitions, events and talks are free and open to the public.