Achieving high rates of vaccination is important both for reducing COVID-19 spread as well as making it possible for the university to return to normal campus activities and events. A video message from Dr. Vargas was shared with students earlier this week.
If you have questions or are unsure about the vaccine, we encourage you to seek out reputable sources for answers. The state of Missouri has a comprehensive website with vaccine information and a detailed question and answer section at covidvaccine.mo.gov/facts/.
Vaccination opportunities are being planned to give Southeast faculty, staff and students convenient access to protect themselves.
Below are opportunities confirmed so far. Unless otherwise noted, these are walk-in clinics and no appointment is necessary:
- Monday, Aug. 9, 3-6 p.m., Student Recreation Center
- Monday, Aug. 16, 2-4 p.m., International Village
- Tuesday, Aug. 17, 8:30 a.m.-noon, River Campus
- Friday, Aug. 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., University Center Program Lounge
- Monday, Aug. 30, Noon-4 p.m., River Campus
- Friday, Sept. 3, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Towers Complex
Check semo.edu/covid frequently as more vaccination opportunities are finalized.
In addition to campus events, vaccinations are offered by several local medical facilities and pharmacies. Find locations through Missouri’s Vaccine Finder website.