CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.,
July 23, 2004 – Dr. Bruce Domazlicky, director of the Center for Business and Economic Research at Southeast Missouri State University, has accepted a nomination to join a research group sponsored by the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank.
The new group is part of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ efforts to expand its involvement in the states and communities of the 8th District, Domazlicky said. The 8th District Business and Economics Research Group (BERG) will consist of the Regional Group of the St. Louis Fed’s Research Division and university-based centers for business and economics research in the district. BERG will create a forum for researchers with a detailed knowledge of sub-areas of the 8th District, he said.
For the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank, BERG will provide valuable information on economic trends and conditions occurring within the district, Domazlicky said. The members will be a part of a network that presents, discusses, and compares state and local level research. The group will meet for the first time during the fall.
Southeast’s Center for Business and Economic Research is among a select group of institutions invited to join BERG. Other members are:
- Institute for Economic Advancement at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock
- Center for Business and Economic Research at the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville
- Center for Business Development and Economic Research at Jackson State University in Mississippi
- Sparks Bureau of Business and Economic Research at the University of Memphis
- Center for Business and Economic Research at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville
- Center for Business and Economic Research at the University of Kentucky
- Indiana Business Research Center at Indiana University in Bloomington
- Bureau of Economic and Business Research at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Economic and Policy Analysis and Research Center at the University of Missouri-Columbia
- Louisville Economic Monitor at the University of Louisville
- Bureau for Economic Research at Southwest Missouri State University
- Delta Center for Economic Development at Arkansas State University
- Business and Economic Research Center at Middle Tennessee State University