CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.,
Dec. 3, 2007 – Eight Southeast Missouri State University students won their division or were recognized for runner-up or honorable mention at the annual Missouri Music Educator’s Association Conference and Auditions Nov. 6-9 in Springfield, Mo.
Southeast Department of Music students won four of the five divisions they entered while competing against the best students from University of Missouri-Columbia, Missouri State, Central Missouri, Missouri Southern, Evangel, Webster University and other colleges from across the state. The top performers from each division were selected as winner, runner-up or honorable mention. Southeast is proud to announce that eight Southeast students won their division or were recognized for runner-up or honorable mention.
Award winners include:
- Candice Summers of Dexter, Mo., flute, winner – upper woodwind division (this is her third year as a winner in her division)
- Tanesha Reeves of O’Fallon, Mo., flute, runner up – upper woodwind division (honorable mention last year)
- Brooke Privett of Kennett, Mo., trumpet, winner – upper brass division
- Sean Brown of St. Peters, Mo., trombone, honorable mention – upper brass division
- Jacob Alexander of Birch Tree, Mo., voice, winner – lower voice division
- Jarred Harris of Cape Girardeau, double bass, winner – upper strings division (winner last year)
- Meghan Brown of Florissant, Mo., violin, honorable mention – upper strings division
- Megan Thompson of Florissant, Mo., violin, honorable mention – upper strings division
Other students from Southeast competing were:
- Carrie Dryer of Jackson, Mo., voice
- Rachel Johnson of O’Fallon, Mo., clarinet
- Justin Moore of Cape Girardeau, voice
- Sarah Orlovsky of Belleville, Ill., voice
- Laura Pace of Manchester, Mo., voice
- Jay Peters of Festus, Mo., trombone
- Marcus Verrett of St. Louis, trombone
Results are also posted online at www.missourimta.org.