The deadline to nominate a deserving student, faculty or staff member for one of the 2019-2020 Student Life and Leadership Awards has been extended to April 3.
While this is not the spring semester any of us envisioned, we are moving forward with plans to recognize the accomplishments and contributions of those deserving within our community.
The awards celebrate students, faculty, staff and student organizations whose efforts have contributed to a spirit of community on campus and beyond. Exceptional students also will be honored for academic excellence, and exemplary faculty will be recognized for teaching excellence.
The categories and awards within each are as follows:
Student Life & Leadership Award categories (nominations accepted from faculty, staff and students):
- President’s Spirit of Southeast Award
- First-Year Student Award
- Civic & Global Engagement Award
- Student Life Achievement Recognition Award
- University Contributor Award
- Outstanding Student Organization Award
- Outstanding Advisor Award
Student Academic Award categories (nominations from faculty only):
- Provost Awards (undergraduate and graduate)
- Experiential Learning Awards (undergraduate and graduate)
Provost Awards for Teaching Excellence categories (nominations from faculty only):
- Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning Award
- Excellence in Assessment of Student Learning Award
- Excellence in Supporting Undergraduate Research Award
- Excellence in Supporting Graduate Research Award
- Excellence in Teaching General Education Award
- Excellence in Promoting Engaged Learning Award
- Excellence in Supporting Student Success Award
- Excellence in Flexible Teaching and Learning Innovation Award
The award criteria and online nomination form are available at www.semo.edu/leadership/awards. All nominations must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, April 3.
The Student Life and Leadership Awards will be announced by award category via social media video posts throughout the week of May 4–8.
For more information, contact Tiffany Comfort, coordinator of Leadership and Involvement with Campus Life and Events Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.