The deadline to submit nominations for the 2020-2021 Student Life and Leadership Awards is Sunday, March 21. The awards will be presented at two ceremonies at the end of April. The first ceremony will celebrate students, faculty, staff and student organizations whose efforts have contributed to a spirit of community on our campus and beyond. The second ceremony will recognize select students for academic excellence as well as exemplary faculty for teaching excellence.
The three categories and awards within each category are as follows:
Student Life and Leadership Award categories (nominations accepted from faculty, staff, and students):
- President’s Spirit of Southeast Award
- First-Year Student Award
- Civic & Global Engagement Award
- Student Life Achievement Recognition Award
- University Contributor Award
- Outstanding Student Organization Award
- Outstanding Student Organization Advisor Award
Student Academic Award categories (nominations accepted from faculty only):
- Provost Awards (undergraduate and graduate)
- Experiential Learning Awards (undergraduate and graduate)
Provost Awards for Teaching Excellence categories (nominations accepted from faculty only):
- Excellence in Online Teaching and Learning Award
- Excellence in Assessment of Student Learning Award
- Excellence in Supporting Undergraduate Research Award
- Excellence in Supporting Graduate Research Award
- Excellence in Teaching General Education Award
- Excellence in Promoting Engaged Learning Award
- Excellence in Supporting Student Success Award
- Excellence in Flexible Teaching and Learning Innovation Award
The Award Criteria and an electronic nomination form are available online at semo.edu/leadership/awards. Nominations must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. Sunday, March 21.
If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Comfort in Campus Life and Events Services at (573) 651-2280 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.