The Office of Continuing Education at Southeast Missouri State University is offering Weapons of Mass Destruction Awareness Training through a series of workshops beginning this month and continuing through next year.
The workshops are open to the public but are especially designed for people employed in law enforcement, emergency medical services, emergency management, fire service, hazardous materials, public works, public and private education, higher education, governmental administration, public safety communications, health care and public health.
The workshops are made possible by a grant from the State Emergency Management Agency, which is funded by the Department of Homeland Security. The series of programs is a joint effort of Southeast Missouri State University, the State Emergency Management Agency and the local Community Emergency Response Training program. Instructors are from Southeast Missouri State University, the Cape Girardeau Police Department, the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, the American Red Cross and Cape Girardeau County Public Health Center.
The series will consist of the following workshops:
- May 6 ᾰ Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings — Awareness
- May 10, 11 ᾰ Law Enforcement Response to Weapons of Mass Destruction
- May 19 ᾰ Public Works: Basic Concepts
- June 12 ᾰ Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders
- June 15 ᾰ Campus Law Enforcement Awareness Training on Terrorism
- June 24, 25 ᾰ Emergency Response to Terrorism: Basic Concepts
- July 8 ᾰ Campus Law Enforcement Awareness Training on Terrorism
- Aug. 5, 6 ᾰ Emergency Response to Terrorism: Basic Concepts
- Aug. 12 ᾰ Campus Law Enforcement Awareness Training on Terrorism
- Sept. 4 ᾰ Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders
- Sept. 23 ᾰ Public Works: Basic Concepts
- Oct. 7ᾰ Campus Law Enforcement Awareness Training on Terrorism
- Nov. 13 ᾰ Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders
- March 14, 2005 ᾰ Campus Law Enforcement Awareness Training on Terrorism
Times and detailed descriptions of each workshop are available by visiting the Weapons of Mass Destruction Training Web site at http://www6.semo.edu/wmdaware/Response_to_Terrorist_Bombings.htm. Pre-registration is required.
There is no cost to individual participants for the workshop or materials. Workshops will be taught at Southeast Missouri State University. Upon request, however, the workshops also may be rescheduled or relocated to accommodate the individuals or groups receiving the training.
For more information, contact the Office of Continuing Education at (573) 651-2355, or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.